onsdag 31 juli 2013

The aftermath...

Erik has written about his RopeCon experience!
I am home from Ropecon and it has been a great trip! Thanks to the swedes and fins making the trip and the competition awesome. Special big up to our gracious host with the amazing comic book collection who let us stay there. I’ll definately be going next year too.
So here’s a few thoughts of the V:TES experience. I picked the deck I’ve had most success with and played the most in the Stockholm league. It’s pretty much a standard dom/tha bleed deck with a few added allies and Grooming the Protege. I managed to win the second round table barely. I got into heads-up with a kiasyd bleed deck and it could really have gone either way. That win plus one vp from the first table got me into 18th place which gave me a t-shirt. Awesome!
I must say that I was pretty nervous having to play while speaking english. Specially when I was playing two tables as the only swede but I quickly got relaxed because the finnish people were really kind. There were hardly any missunderstandings due to language as far as I remember.
I saw a lot of interesting decks but I was a bit surprised by the lack of rush combat. I saw a few such decks but I thought there would be more. There were a lot of famous archetypes with funny quirks which made me really happy to see. Finland has really good players even though some may not play as often as our group in Stockholm.
All in all a great trip with V:tes, sauna, beer and amazing company. Ropecon was a great way for me to play outside of Stockholm for the first time and I can really recommend it. The cosplayers was cool to watch as well.
See you at the EC!!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar