lördag 20 juli 2013

Erik writes his thoughts on Ropecon.

Hello! 

I’m Erik and I’m going to my first V:tes tournament abroad, ropecon, in less than a week now. I’ve been playing the game for about two years now in Stockholm and it’s finaly time to see what other players are like outside of Sweden. I haven’t really figured out what deck to bring yet but I’ve narrowed it down to two choices.
I can pick the ‘safe’ deck which would be my bleed with dominate and sneak with obfuscate version. And by safe I mean that the toughest choices you get to make with it is whether to play Govern the Unaligned on superior or inferior. The deck has a few wins in the stockholm league and managed to get into the finals in one tournament where unfortunately I got a faster dom-obf bleeder as my predator. The deck has no combat though so if opposing vampires get hungry I’m dead.
But I can also pick a more difficult deck to really test my own ability. I have recently played an anarch midcap rush-bleed deck with CEL that is really funny to play but quite problematic for me because of the tough choices. 
Picking targets for rushes isn’t that easy actually! More so when you know there’s other decks on the table that can hit you back, and even harder sometimes. I have heard from others that Finland likes to play Potence combat so my deck would be having a hard time. Or a fun time!
I will have to think about this some more. I do have a few other decks that I could bring as well but right now these two seems more likely but we’ll see.



1 kommentar: