torsdag 1 november 2012

EC 2012 coverage: Friday

Will Sweden again crush all it´s enemies?


















Stockholmjyhad are proud to present a summary of the swedish coverage of the EC 2012 in Budapest, first published on Facebook. Thanks to Marcus for sharing this!

9:19am – Marcus wrote:
A lot of people at the site and expectation is hanging like a fog in the air. Today there will be two major tournaments: The Last Change Qualifier and the Nations Cup. Everybody please keep your fingers crossed for the Swedes fighting for their place in the LCQ – we want as many Swedes as possible to head through to day 1 tomorrow!

For the second tournament, the Nations Cup, it did indeed look like Sweden wouldn´t be participating with a team – but in the last minute (or last half hour, rather) there was a change of mind and Sweden is now participating with Randal, Ivan and me on the team! I honestly feel quite humbled to be on the team with these two giants of Swedish Vtes ... Please cheer for us everybody and we'll try to make you proud!

This is the schedule for today (and all three days):
Round 1: 11:00–13:00
Round 2: 15:00–17:00
Round 3: 17:30–19:30
Finals: 20:30–22:30

9:44am – Marcus wrote:
Sorry, another update before the game starts. I was planning on posting this last night, but apparantly I forgot and went to sleep instead =/

Yesterday evening, during the welcome ceremony, Ben Peal took the opportunity to showcase 10 new cards from the upcoming Vtes set Danse Macabre. Some examples of the cards he showed:
* A cap9 !Brujah Cardinal with all in-clan superior plus dom and for, and she has +1 stealth on political actions.
* A PRO+CEL dual card that gives +1 stealth on inferior and untaps (like freak drive) on superior. And yeah, there's no blood cost.
* A Carrion Crows for POT+OBT that only works on close range, but also provides a maneuver (only usable to maneuver to short). Lasombra combat, here we go!
* A independent Lasombra with sup in-clan and the ability that she pays 1 less blood for Obtenbration cards. Somehow I know Tomas Wallmur will try to abuse this girl.
* A vote for titled Sabbat that steals 3 blood from a younger vampire to the vampire who called the vote.
And, yeah, Synner-G the city Gangrel will make an appearance too :) 

12:31pm – Marcus wrote:
Round 1 done for some of us. I scored 1vp for Team Sweden in the Nations Cup. Some misplays but nothing fatal. There was a 2-2 split b/w the other players. Ivan managed to get 1gw 2vps. No information about Randy so far. Gameplan right now, as far as I know, is for me and Randy to push Ivan to the finals. But we'll see how it goes!

Kristofer won his first game 1gw 4vp so he's on his way to day 1 with a quick pace. Same is true for Daniel Teige who won his first table 1gw 3vp. Worse for Henrik K and Jan-Erik, who both were ousted by Kristofer on his way to his game win.

4:09pm – Marcus wrote:
Round 2 done and I managed to grab 1 vp off a table where I contested vampires with my prey, my grandprey had four minions and torporized his preys two vampires (my grandpredator) the turn after they turned up to the game. I was a really odd game where my predator was left alone for a long time, and finally managed to set up his Shatter the Gates with his Unnamed. Gawd it was awkward, but it was fun! :)

No idea how this round went for anyone else. Time to go scouting, I guess.

4:16pm – Randyman wrote:
Not doing very well in Nations Cup round 2, got bad seating and overextended :(

6:01pm – Marcus wrote:
Round 3 done. Again I managed 1 vp on a table split by two others. Really interesting game where Erol Hammer is ousted first with his Legacy of Pander deck, but is saved by his grandprey playing a Major Boon. He then goes on and ousts his prey (a Nos Royalty, giving away his vp to his now new prey, a G1-2 Anson/Alexandra vote deck) and I manage to oust my prey (Erols predator) in the coming turn.

Three players left; me with my Bleedfirm, Erol with his Panders, and the Toreador deck. Erol has three Gehenna cards in play and now plays Fall of the Camarilla! I shit you not, Erol turned the whole table upside down with his Fall of the Camarilla. Epic moment and both me and the Toreador could do nothing but laugh at our demise. I got ousted by the Toreadors, so the table was split between them. But gawd, it was a crazy game.

6:09pm – Marcus wrote:

















Nations Cup is awesome. I just witnessed a guy (Jeroen van Oort?) ousting his prey using Abombwe (Cycling the Abombwe card was a key play, apparently!)

6:11pm – Marcus wrote:













So, yeah, I've finally figured out how to upload pictures from my phone... yay me!

7:23pm – Marcus wrote:

Seven Swedes on to Day 1 from the LCQ!


7:15pm – Marcus wrote:

















First losers! Otso apparantly rode the Finnish team to the finals (3gw 10vp – only 2 vps for the rest of the team!) and will be playing for them, so I guess I'll be rooting for them in the finals.

7:37pm – Marcus wrote:
Kristofer is todays king of swedish Vtes! Number 7 of 127 players! He played Ivans aggressive lawfirm deck and missed the final by a whisker and has a billion good stories to tell about it. Remember to ask him the next time you meet!

Friday October 26 at 11:18pm – Marcus wrote:
Turned out Hungary won the Nations Cup, winning the final table on time against Finland. Observers claim it to have been very tight, and that if the game would have gone on for some 5 to 10 more minutes, Otso would probably had been able to oust Ferenc – but sometimes time runs out on you! Congratulations Hungary! (Decks can be found here)

Pierre Tran Van won the LCQ - all finalists decks can be seen here.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Good to know about the new set of cards !! It´s really promising. You talked about 10 cards and talked only of five:

    - brujah cardinal
    - Cheaper obt lasombra
    - forced march with protean+celerity
    - carrion crows with pot+obt
    - political action of stealing 3 blood

    What about the other five ????? I´m really curious about it.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Suggestion: Start a thread on the VEKN forum. I´m sure people who were present can tell you more

    SvaraRadera